Spring is a time of renewal and rejuvenation, and one of the best ways to celebrate the season is by adding colorful blooms to commercial landscapes. Whether it is a small business, a corporate headquarters, or a retail center, the addition of seasonal flowers can make a big impact.
In this blog, we will explore the benefits of adding annuals to your commercial property and which spring annuals are the best for the Midwest.
Enhancing Commercial Landscapes with Spring Annuals
Even if the exterior of a commercial property looks good, adding seasonal flowers can take it to the next level. Spring annuals are an excellent choice for commercial landscapes because they are easy to plant, require minimal maintenance, and provide a burst of color.
These annuals can be planted in beds, containers, or hanging baskets near entrances, walkways, or other high-traffic areas. Even a small amount of color can make a big difference in the overall appearance of a property.
What are Annuals?
Annuals are flowers that complete their life cycle in one growing season. These flowers are an excellent way to add color to your commercial landscaping and can be used in a variety of ways. They are typically less expensive than perennials and are available in a wide range of colors, shapes, and sizes.
Just a Little Bit of Seasonal Color Makes a Huge Difference
Adding just a little bit of seasonal color can make a huge difference in the appearance of your commercial property. Pinks, yellows, and reds are great colors to add to your landscaping in the springtime. Even just a few well-placed plants can make a big impact on the overall look of your property.
Popular Spring Annuals for the Midwest
When it comes to spring annuals, there are many options to choose from, but some are better suited for the Midwest region. Here are a few examples:
- Tulips: These classic spring flowers come in a variety of colors, from bright reds and pinks to soft yellows and whites. Planting them is easy and one can place them in beds or containers near entrances.
- Daffodils: These cheerful flowers are a sure sign of spring and come in shades of yellow and white. They are also easy to plant and one can place them in beds or containers.
- Pansies: These hardy flowers can withstand cooler temperatures and come in a range of colors, from deep purples and blues to bright oranges and yellows. They are a great choice for early spring planting and one can place them in containers or hanging baskets.
Continuing Seasonal Colors throughout the Year
While spring is a great time to add color to commercial landscapes, it is important to continue that color throughout the year. One way to do this is by replacing spring annuals with summer annuals as the weather warms up. Some popular summer annuals for the Midwest region include:
- Petunias: These colorful flowers come in a wide range of hues, from pastels to bright neons. They are easy to care for and one can place them in beds, containers, or hanging baskets.
- Marigolds: These bright, cheerful flowers are easy to grow and come in shades of orange, yellow, and red. They are a great choice for adding a pop of color to beds or borders.
- Zinnias: These bold flowers come in a range of colors and sizes, from small, delicate blooms to large, showy flowers. They are easy to grow and one can place them in beds or containers.
In addition to replacing spring annuals with summer annuals, consider adding other elements to commercial landscapes that provide year-round color. This might include evergreen shrubs or trees, colorful foliage plants, or even seasonal decorations like pumpkins and holiday lights.
Start Enhancing Your Property with Diaz Group LLC
Adding spring color to commercial landscapes is an easy way to enhance their appearance. It also creates a welcoming environment for customers, clients, and employees. By choosing the right spring annuals for the Midwest region and continuing seasonal colors throughout the year, commercial property owners can create a beautiful and dynamic landscape that reflects the changing seasons.
Elevate your commercial property’s curb appeal today! Contact Diaz Group to learn more about our splashes of color for your property.